Words of Wisdom

Posted on September 26th, 2012 by

This Gustavus float in St. Peter features Dr. Uhler and a few students. This photograph was taken sometime in the late 1920s. Photo courtesy of the Gustavus Adolphus College and Lutheran Archives.

“We do well to stop sometimes and recall the early struggles and thank God for ultimate results and blessings. Although we did things on a small scale and with greater hardships, nevertheless we trained men and women for greater usefulness in state, church, and society in general. Today our former students are found in every calling of life and in all quarters of the globe. Surely the fathers and mothers planned well when they planted in 1876 Gustavus Adolphus College on the west hill of St. Peter”  Rev. Dr. J.P. Uhler,  St. Peter Herald 1930

 

Comments are closed.