Sunday-Funday Gustie Thoughts Posted on October 16th, 2011 by

Share your thoughts below!

What is a valuable and lasting lesson that you learned while at Gustavus?

1. Anna Swenson says:

That no matter your age, status, or situation, you can make positive change in your community. Don’t waste your time complaining about the situation… change it!

2. Megan Myhre '11 says:

Always take time to laugh. No matter how busy or stressed you are. You will feel a little bit better.

Also, never stop singing!

3. Jill 1991 says:

A morning stop by the chapel to take a break & refocus your thoughts can change your outlook for the whole day !

4. David Pedersen says:

I learned how to grab a handful of life and leave some in the jar for others. I discovered how to gravitate towards success and orbit around defeat. I learned how to embrace difference. I discovered what its like to be apart of a family of students who truly care, not only about their education, but also their community. I discovered how to LOVE. I met my partner Darin Mays, at Gustavus. We’ve been together for 5 awesome years. Love you Rocket Man!

5. Patrick McDougle says:

College isn’t about learning everything in your concentration. It is about learning about how to think critically and with an open mind. College is about learning and growing in who you are and figuring out who you need/want yourself to be.

6. Rachel Craig says:

While school work is important, it’s the memories with friends that’ll stick with you after you’re gone. Not the assignments. Create more memories! Also, have the guts to try out for something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t before. You may be pleasantly surprised!